The JHRS Earthquake Message Board: Reach out and show your support to your fellow HR Professionals in Japan

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 
  • 12 Mar 2011 21:54
    Message # 544272
    Jun (Administrator)

TO OUR FELLOW HR PROFESSIONALS IN JAPAN AND AROUND THE WORLD

By now, you have already undoubtedly heard about the strongest earthquake that hit Japan in its recorded history (9.0 magnitude) that triggered a series of tsunamis and strong aftershocks and devastated a number of towns and provinces in Japan resulting to hundreds of persons missing or dead. Although far from the epicenter of the quake, Tokyo itself was brought down to a standstill when its transportation and telecommunication systems were knocked down by the powerful effect of the quake.

Image courtesy of
    Redbubble
    Unfortunately, things are expected to get more challenging in the coming days as Japan and her people reel from the full effects of this calamity for weeks, months, or even years to come.

And in the forefront of this crisis are your fellow Japan HR professionals who will be the one to face the many challenges of addressing the current and future needs of their companies and their employees to cope up with this crisis. For sure these challenges will be great but experience have also taught us that reaching out to others greatly ease up the burden ahead.

In this regard,  The Japan HR Society (JHRS) is pleased to offer our website to serve as a message board for our fellow HR professionals in Japan and around the world to reach out to all JHRS members and the entire entire HR profession in Japan. Simply click the "NEW COMMENT" or "REPLY" button on this message and post your message. Don't forget to "Subscribe to topic" as well so that you can also be automatically notified for other messages from your fellow HR professionals. Please identify which country are you coming from.

We invite everyone to post your messages, words of encouragement or support or even suggestions on how you think Japan HR professionals can cope up from this crisis and come out even a stronger HR professional from this experience. We will then compile all these messages into a series of circulars to our members so that they can receive your well-wishes and words of encouragement.

Also, we urge everyone for your continued prayers for Japan and her people. We have no doubt that Japan will rise up from this tragedy and emerge as a stronger nation.

On behalf of the JHRS Officers, Staff, and Members:

JUN KABIGTING
    Chief Community Officer
    The Japan HR Society
    Advancing the HR agenda.

Related article

HR Professionals in Japan Shift to Emergency Mode by Kathy Gurchiek

Quick Links
    JHRS Quake Center 2011 | JHRS HR Help Line | Person Finder: Japan Quake 2011 | Other Resources

Last modified: 12 Mar 2011 21:54 | Jun (Administrator)
  • 12 Mar 2011 22:39
    Reply # 544295 on 544272
    Leslie Taylor
    Thanks Jun and JHRS,

I have had a rough couple of days.  Lots of damage to my apartment.  Just digging out from under the glass.

Really important that we pull together and support each other now!

Leslie   
  • 12 Mar 2011 22:42
    Reply # 544300 on 544272
    Everything is fleeting...
    Zen Buddhism teaches us that everything is fleeting and ephemeral, and that we appreciate the day after we've seen the night. For everyone in Japan, I'm sure I can speak for all of us who are afar and watching this calamity unfold in the news media: we offer you our prayers for your, your family and friends' safety and encouragement to stand strong in this difficult time. I have experienced momentary bouts of terror when I felt earthquakes in Japan, but I cannot imagine the psychological exhaustion that would come after hundreds of aftershocks and the sheer inconvenience of walking home for hours or sleeping in shelters last night when train services were out. As we see each step of these events come to light, you are in our hearts and minds wishing you forbearance to endure, stay calm and be aware that this too, shall pass.

Hang in there, everyone.

Mike de Kleer
  • 12 Mar 2011 23:23
    Reply # 544324 on 544272
    Linda Laddin
    To all my HR friends in Japan,

Please know that your friends and colleagues outside Japan are thinking of you and hoping that you and your families are all well and safe.  Let us know how you are doing.  I'm sure you will all be incredibly busy and challenged in the coming days.   Take good care and reach out if you need help.
    Gambatte, ne. 

Linda
  • 13 Mar 2011 01:16
    Reply # 544370 on 544272
    Deleted user
    While we cannot be next to you, supporting you in person, know that our thoughts are with you, your colleagues and families.  May you be safe, and strong.  Please do not hesitate to call upon us if we can support you in any way.

All the best,
    Susan
  • 13 Mar 2011 13:16
    Reply # 544642 on 544272
    Dennis O'Neill
    "Our sympathies go out to all who have lost loved ones. For the survivors we wish you nothing but the best." --Dennis O'Neill [Forum for Expatriate Management @ LinkedIn]
  • 13 Mar 2011 13:21
    Reply # 544645 on 544272
    Greetje Bron-Knecht
    "Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in Japan who are suffering from this horrible force of nature. Keep your spirit up!" --- Greetje Bron-Knecht [Global HR Connectiion @ LinkedIn]
    Last modified: 13 Mar 2011 13:21 | Jun (Administrator)
  • 13 Mar 2011 13:25
    Reply # 544647 on 544272
    Rosemary McCarthy
    "Our hearts go out to all the people of Japan. Our prayers for you, condolences and words of encouragement to you from Nairobi. You are in our thoughts. Yes, you will rise from this disaster." --- Rosemary McCarthy [eCornell Alumni @ LinkedIn]
    Last modified: 13 Mar 2011 13:25 | Jun (Administrator)
  • 13 Mar 2011 13:27
    Reply # 544649 on 544272
    Gina Balagon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in these most difficult times.

HR Professionals in the Middle East.

• 13 Mar 2011 13:30
    Reply # 544650 on 544272
    Deepak Mendiratta
    "Hi Jun....I really regret to see the devastating Tremors & the shocking after effects over Japan. Unfortunately there is a limitation human beings have over the Nature & Natural Disasters. It's really really sad to see people suffering. Hope you & your family are safe & sound. I pray for all the citizens of Japan....many of the losses can not be recovered but I really pray & hope God will them enogh strength & courage to fight back with the situation." --- Deepak Mendiratta [LinkedIn]
    Last modified: 13 Mar 2011 13:30 | Jun (Administrator)
<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >>